Thursday, May 3, 2012

Time for a Long Overdue Blog Post

A lot has happened in the last month, since my last post.  Hubby and I left for China on April 3rd.  I had blog access, but it was sporadic.  I intended on writing several posts while I was there, but we were so busy, that I just didn't have a chance.  China was amazing.  I would go back again in a heartbeat.  We flew into Hong Kong, and took various public transportation to get to Shenzhen.  We stayed at a western style hotel, that was really nice, and many of the workers spoke at least a little English.  They were very helpful and nice.  In fact most people that I came across or met were as nice and helpful as could be.  They didn't balk that I didn't speak their language (which leads to another post that I will hopefully get around to writing.)  I got to experience so much of the culture while I was there.  I also got to experience so many different styles of Chinese meals.  My stomach did bother me from some of the food, but adding to that was the fact that I had a huge cyst on my left ovary.  I didn't know about the cyst until I got home, and went to the doctor though.

We didn't go too much beyond Shenzhen, except to go into Hong Kong for a day.  Hubby and I almost got stranded in Hong Kong that night though.  We had to find another port of entry than the one that we entered through, because it was closed by the time we were going back to Shenzhen.  While in Hong Kong we went to Lamma Island, and had some awesome seafood.  I ended up getting pretty sick soon after, but I do not think that it was the seafood, since one of the guys in our travel group did not go for the seafood and he also got sick.  So since I was sick, hubby and I sat in the ferry terminal for awhile, while the rest of the group explored the rest of Hong Kong.  While in Shenzhen, I was mostly on my own since hubby had to work most of the time.  There was enough to do within walking distance of the hotel to keep me pretty busy though.  There were theme and amusement parks.  I also ventured a few blocks to the Walmart, just to see how different it would be.  It was very different than Walmart here.  I also went to a shopping area several times, by subway.  In the evenings I would take a cab to meet up with Hubby, and go to dinner.  There are so many details of the trip that I am just glazing over here.  It would take me hours to write about all of the amazing experiences that I was able to have.  I do hope that I get to go to China again.  I loved the people, the culture, and all of the experiences.

While in China, I was expecting AF to show.  It was supposed to start early on in the trip, and I was very surprised that it was a no show.  I knew that having done IVF in February may mess with my cycle, but after November IVF I was only a week late.  By the time I came home from China and made a doctor appointment, I was 3 weeks late.  I took a home test, and it was negative.  When I went in for the ultrasound, it looked like I may be pregnant, so the doctor ran a test, but they also saw a large cyst.  I was told that he would call that evening (which he did and the test was negative,) and to wait a week, and if AF still didn't show, they would drain the cyst.  I asked what went into that, and was told that it was just like an egg retrieval, but without anesthesia, which then caused me to have anxiety all week.  I went back in on Monday, and they did an ultrasound...cyst still there, so they had me go into the procedure room, and prepped me to drain it.  I have a nice doctor who offered to inject lidocaine to numb me up, before draining it.  After numbing me, I still felt it, but it didn't hurt.  It was pretty uncomfortable, but not as bad as I thought that it was going to be.  I asked if all of this knocked us out of being able to do a FET in May.  They said it would depend on when AF finally showed.  She finally came today.  I called, and found out that we can proceed with our FET.  They are going to call tomorrow to let me know more of the details, and what meds to start when.

I am still so excited that I was able to go to China and experience all that I did, and I am soooooo excited that we can move forward with our FET.  Despite the cyst overall I have had a pretty amazing month!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your kind words and support. You are the one who inspired my own post, and I'm so glad that you feel I did justice to such a tricky topic.

    In other news, I'm so glad you had a great time in China - it sounds so amazing, and I'm very excited that you can move forward on your FET. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete