Tuesday, May 15, 2012

In a Better Place

I feel better than I did when I posted my last post.  My hubby was gone on a business trip last week, and that combined with the mega doses of hormones, and everything else going on, I was a mess.  Things have settled down a bit.  Hubby and I went away for the weekend, and now I am back and refreshed and looking forward to this transfer.

First off, I have to talk about our weekend.  The company that my hubby works for flew many people that work for the company to Las Vegas for the weekend.  There were big parties, and other events planned for the weekend.  The major highlight of the weekend though was the award ceremony on Saturday.  My hubby won one of the awards.  He works so hard, and I love seeing all he hard work being acknowledged.  It really was the highlight of an amazing weekend.  I also got to see my husbands family while we were in Vegas, because his brother lives there, and his parents drove in for the weekend.  So between the parties, awards, and getting to visit, we really had an awesome time.

We got home Sunday evening, and went to my mom's to see her for mother's day.  My brother was there, and his wife, and step daughter.  Since we were in China for Easter, we hadn't seen my sister in law or niece in quite a while.  So it was so nice to finally get to see them, and have a nice mother's day with my mom.

This morning, I had my last monitoring appointment for our FET.  I finally got excited about the transfer.  The ultrasound went well.  My lining was at an 8.4.  I got my instructions on what other meds to take when.  Heparin starts tomorrow, Crinone on Wednesday, and our transfer will be next Monday!  After the ultrasound was over, I signed the paperwork, and they brought me in the back to do my first ever intralipids treatment.  I am really so excited about this.  I have read the research on it, and it seems to have excellent results.  The treatment went well.  I didn't have any side effects, and my mom went with me to keep me company.  It was fairly quick and easy and I felt fine after.

I have become my doctor's guinea pig.  I don't mind at all either.  My wonderful doc has never used intralipids with a patient before.  He has researched it, but never has had an instance where he thought it would help.  With me, he figured that it can't hurt, so it is worth a try.  He was just as excited as I am.  He and I both are hoping that this works. He would love to have it as an option to use in the future, and would love to see it help more of his patients.  The great doc even did the treatment himself!  He didn't just toss me over to the nurses, and hope they did it, he put the IV in and administered everything himself.  I am sure in the future, if he decides to continue using intralipids, he will train the office staff on how to do it, but for right now, he is doing it himself.

We really do have an awesome doc.  He knows his stuff, and if there is something that you ask him about, and he doesn't know it, he will research it, and let you know his opinion about it.  He had been thinking about intralipids before I brought it up, after our last failed IVF, and he was excited to have a patient who wanted to try it.  I would love for this to work for both us and him.  I would feel like we are helping to advance his practice, and help future patients with similar issues.

Now all we have to do is hope and pray that our embryos survive the thaw.  We have 6, so I am pretty hopeful!  My bigger prayer though is that the first two they thaw survive.  If they do, we transfer 2...if only one makes it, they will thaw two more, and then transfer whatever makes it.  So we may transfer up to 3.  I am confident that we could handle triplets if that is what we ended up with, but I would prefer not to go that route, mostly because I would worry about the health of the babies.  So I am really hoping for our first two to make it.  Lots of prayers between now and next Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Praying all the details work out with your FET and the embies survive the thaw. I have 3 saved and we'll go back for them in 1.5 or 2 years. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Glad your mom was with you for the treatment.

    ReplyDelete