Tuesday, May 22, 2012

FET #1

We went in for our first FET today.  Things went as well as we could have hoped.  They thawed two of our embryos, and BOTH survived the thaw....Finally something in all this went right.  They were both graded 3B-B-.  At our Doc 3 means fully expanded blasts.  The picture of them looked great. 

I got there with a very full bladder, only to find out that there was going to be a bit of a wait.  The great doc was running behind.  So they let me use the restroom on the condition that I don't completely empty my bladder.  So I didn't...well then the doc finished up with the other patients really quickly...and now my bladder wasn't full.  So they had me chug water, and wait about 15 minutes.  Once the bladder was full again, they did the transfer.  It went great! 

I had my acupuncture appointment scheduled for this afternoon, so I went to that, and then came home and took a nap.  I have pretty much been laying on the couch since.  All in all it was a really good day.  I am so very happy that we still have 4 frozen embryos, and we didn't lose any today to the thaw.  Now we wait.  Beta is on June 4th!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on being PUOP! Here's to hoping the next two weeks pass quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PUPO!! Sending you lots of positive thoughts. I hope this is it!! Hopefully you can stay sane on the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Congratulations on the transfer, and best wishes for the beta!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Glad both embabies made it to thaw. I'm hoping for a relaxing 2ww and a BFP at the end! I'll be checking back to hear all about the 2ww hell!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending tons of baby dust, love and support!!!! Can't wait to see what transpires!

    ReplyDelete