Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Time Will Fly!

Two months from tomorrow is our target date for our next transfer.  It seems like two months is so far away, like it will take forever to get here.  We could have done our transfer in April instead, and we would then be getting all our ducks in a row now. 

We decided on May for a few reasons.  First, we will have pretty much paid off our last cycle by that point, allowing us to afford the next transfer.  Plus, we have a lot of other stuff going on.  Hubby was asked to go to China for work again.  Last time he went was right after my laparoscopic surgery in September, so I couldn't go with him.  I love to travel and one place that I have always wanted to go was China.  They then asked him to go in January, and I was supposed to go with him, but the trip fell through.  Work then asked him to go in February, but he couldn't travel then because we were engulfed in our second IVF.  He wanted to put off the IVF at that point so we could travel to China, not because work was pressuring him, but because he really wants me to be able to go.  I nixed that idea.  I didn't want to put off the IVF.  I was already on meds for it by the time the January trip was cancelled, and I didn't like the idea of having to revamp our plans, and possibly having to be on meds (that made me feel like sh**,) for a longer period of time.  I was really disappointed when the trip got cancelled, because if the IVF worked in February, it meant that I may never get to China.  I was okay with that, after weighing the options.  Since it didn't work, and they have asked hubby to go again, I will be going to China.  I am so incredibly excited.  We leave soon, and I know that the time will fly while we are there.  I will probably have to start some of the meds for our next transfer while we are there, and more meds soon after we get back.  I always feel like once we start the meds in prep, time really does fly.  It always feel good to be doing something.  When we are just waiting between cycles, it is hard. 

I also have to get a few more days in for work between now and my next transfer.  I have to work 4 more days this school year, to stay active in the system.  I have some time open next week, so I would like to get at least 2 of the days out of the way.  That way when we come back from China, I will only have 2 days left that I have to do. 

We are also looking at buying a new car when we come back from China.  Ideally we would not be buying a car right now, but since our newest car is 8 years old, and our oldest one is 15 years old...we figured that it was time to buy.  Hubby's car broke down again a few weeks ago, finally convincing him, that we did need to get one.  He is a bit tired of being stranded on the side of the road, or worrying while he is driving that he isn't going to make it home.  We already have picked out the car that we want.  It just doesn't make sense to buy before China. 

I am so excited about everything that we have going on right now.  So much to keep me busy and to look forward to.  May will be here before we know it.  I am really hopeful that the new meds we are adding in May will do the trick.  We still haven't made a decision about the tests that the Dr. said we could/should have done.  Insurance said that they would cover it, if it is proven to be medically necessary.  We are thinking about getting it preapproved, so that we don't have to worry about them saying yes now...only to turn around later and deny it.  We may also only get some of the testing done now, and wait on others.  We will make up our minds on Friday when we go for the follow up appt from my hysteroscopy and D&C that I had last week. (Dr likes to do this before doing a transfer, because it is supposed to increase chances of implantation.)  So much going on, and so much to keep us busy...May will really be here before we know it!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I saw you started following me and wanted to say thank you! Sounds like you have a LOT going on right now, but it is nice to stay busy because you're right, infertility can definitely easily consume us if we let it. I'm so sorry about your chemical. I had one of those and they suck. I hope your treatment in May goes well and that you have fun on your trip to China! I want to go there some day, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, thank you so much for following me.

    Now - on to the important stuff:

    I'm so excited for you and so anxious to watch your successful journey. Just know that I'm in your corner watching and rooting for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for following me. I am so excited to have followers! It really does help to know that there are other people out there who understand!

    ReplyDelete