Wednesday, March 7, 2012

On Our Way...Again!

The world of fertility treatments is crazy and overwhelming at times.  It will consume your life...if you let it.  There are times that I let it take over our lives, and then there are times that we have to step back and take a break.  After our last round failed, I thought that we would take a six month break.  Then I got to thinking about waiting six months before we would try again, and I just couldn't do it.  So, we talked about it, and decided that we could do a transfer with two of our embryos in May.  That would give us some regroup time, and travel time, and yet we wouldn't have to wait six months.  So the planning and scheduling has to begin.  I know that we are two months out still, but so much prep goes into IVF.  Our doctor mentioned that he would want to do another hysteroscopy and D&C before we do another transfer.  Well...that has to be done at least 30 days before and preferably no more than 90 days before.  So if we are looking at May, that leaves us March or April to do this.  It is already March, so if we want to do it this month, I would have to get a move on things.  We could wait until April, but I am hoping to get to travel in April with Hubby.  He has a business trip coming up that I would love to go on...meaning that we would be gone during the time in my cycle that this would have to be...So March it is.  The problem is that our follow up, to go over what we all think went wrong with the last cycle, and come up with a plan of what to do next, isn't until Friday.  If we wait till Friday to discuss all this with the Doc, it may be too late to schedule it for next week.  So I emailed him today to mention that we would like to aim for May, and explain the situation about when to schedule the D&C.  He said that he would get on it, and get it scheduled for next week.  :)
So we are on our way again....Starting our first step towards our next transfer.  I will know more and have a solid plan after Friday's appointment.  There is so much to discuss with the Doc.  Hopefully he will have some ideas and answers.  He also mentioned running more tests, so I am hoping that they can do them that day...get them out of the way and get some answers before we go much further. 
On another note, I got my results from the thyroid doctor this morning.  My TSH was .84.  It couldn't be more perfect than that!  :)  I was so excited to hear that we finally got it to a good level.  We will of course check it again before we do a transfer, but for now...I am good!

No comments:

Post a Comment