Tuesday, March 27, 2012

China and a Few Other Bits

Tickets are finally booked for us to go to China.  I resisted letting myself get too excited until this point, since last time things fell through.  Now the tickets are booked and I am thrilled!  Hubby will be working a lot while we are there, but there is so much to do within walking distance of the hotel.  I had been debating on whether I should bring my expensive but bulky camera, or just go with my point and shoot.  I decided that even though it is bulky, my nicer camera will be worth having while I am there.  I am hoping to come back with some really awesome pictures! 

On another note, we went for the follow up doctor visit last Friday.  The doc said that he would write a letter of necessity for the insurance company, so it can get preapproved. So once it all is approved we will do the testing.  That may take awhile...you know how insurance companies can be!  So I asked if this would affect our transfer in May, and they said that we can go ahead with the transfer.  We are still going to add a few different meds this time, even without knowing what the results are.  The meds can hurt, they add a little to the cost, but I am pretty sure what the results will be to the tests that we are having run.  I have Hashimotos, and endometriosis.  Both of those drastically increase my chances of having elevated NK cells.  I have been on prednisone, and lovenox, but did not try intralipids.  So this time we are going to add it.  We also may switch to dexamethasone instead of the prednisone.  We are also transferring blasts this time, and it is our first FET.  So I won't be recovering from a retrieval.  I am really hoping that these few switches make the difference that we need!  The other tests that the Doc wants to run really won't make a difference with our transfer in May...it will make more of a difference in how we proceed when we decide to do another fresh cycle.  Hubby and I want a big family (if that is even still possible at this point.)  So more than likely another fresh cycle is in our future even if this transfer works!

On the sweepstakes front I have had some pretty cool winnings lately.  I have won a box of oranges, a cold and flu care package, $100, two cook books, some petunias, and a year supply of cat food.  We don't have cats.  Luckily my brother and his wife have two.  So they are benefiting from my win.  My bunnies on the other hand are not.  We will just have to keep buying there food.  My next win will hopefully be the mega millions jackpot tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment