Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Soon to be DTC

This morning, I brought all of the paperwork for our dossier, to our agency.  It was such a relief to not only have it all finished, but also out of my hands.  With Chinese New Year being soon, we will have to wait a bit longer than usual for our LID, but we will be DTC on Friday.  It has been a tough eight months to get to this point.  We have had several bumps in the road with our paperwork, but it is finished!!!  Now I have to get an email sent to the person who runs the waiting child program, at our agency.  She needs some information from us, so that she knows what we are comfortable with, so she can match us with a child whom we feel that we will be able to parent successfully.  I am so looking forward to sending her the email, and being in future contact with her.  This is such an exciting time, to know that our child is out there, and it is just a matter of time before we find him.  I have had butterflies since last Friday, when all of our paperwork came back from the consulate.  I couldn't wait until I dropped it off with the agency.  I kept having worrisome thoughts that something would happen to it....something would spill on it, it would catch of fire, I would lose it, I even had a dream that my husband shredded the whole packet of paperwork.  So leaving it at the agency this morning was such a great feeling.  We are officially "paper pregnant," "expectant parents," and "in the waiting stage." I have been walking on cloud nine all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment