Tuesday, November 20, 2012

It is What It is

That is my new motto.  That is what I tell myself, when things don't go the way they should.  And it is what is keeping me calm right now.  We sent off my birth certificate for all of the crazy stuff that has to happen to it for our dossier...and it came back today with nothing done...with a letter saying we need to send it back to them with the required fee.  The only problem with this, is when I called to ask about where to send it, and if there was a fee, I was told "No."  I also searched the website, and it also stated that there was no fee for this step of the process.  The next step, yes, but this one no.  So, this not only has cost us two weeks, but my birth certificate will "expire" by the time that we send it out and have everything done to it...so why bother.  So I instead thought ahead two weeks ago...in case something like this happened...and ordered a new copy of my birth certificate, and it should be here any day now, and then we can start the crazy process over, and hopefully have it back in time to get everything authenticated by the end of December or beginning of January.

On a positive note, I am excited to say that I think we have figured out where we are going with our infertility.  There is a great new doctor that will be starting at a local fertility clinic.  I am hoping to meet with him, and get his opinion on what he would do if we tried IVF again.  I also will ask him if he would be willing to do a freeze all IVF for us, so that we have embryos to transfer after we are home with our first child.  We also got the notice in the mail that our USCIS paperwork has been received, and we should be getting notice soon about when our fingerprinting appointment is, so although still moving at a snail pace, we are moving forward! 

No comments:

Post a Comment