Saturday, November 26, 2011

Black Friday

This Black Friday was a bit disappointing!  I am used to rock bottom deals, and trying to figure out where to go first.  This year while looking at the ads, I realized that many of the deals were better before Thanksgiving, and there weren't too many that were worth going out for.  Sure if you needed a new TV, Computer, or other electronics, you could find a decent deal on those.  Usually though the Black Friday deals were so amazing that I was tempted, even if I didn't need the item.  The other thing that was different this year was the stores opening earlier.  I liked getting up super early and spending the day shopping, and this threw a wrench in that.  Despite the deals not being as good as usual, my mom and I still decided to go out shopping....just for the fun of it.  We did start at Walmart at midnight.  I got my usual yearly supply of memory cards for my camera.  We then went to Kohl's, but the line wrapped around the store 4 times.  Since there was nothing that we were really going for, we decided to go back there later.  So we went back to my mom's and took a few hours nap. Then we went back out, starting at Sears for my husband's Christmas gift.  I won't mention what it is here though, in case he reads this.  We went back to Kohls, and to the mall, and I had to go to Coldwater Creek to get my jeans.  Again, pretty disappointed in the increased prices of all of the deals, but the jeans were still cheaper than on a normal sale day.  Mom and I ended our day at Walgreens, with coupons, for a good deal on Laundry Detergent.  So overall, we had a good shopping day, but honestly, no better deals than what I typically get.  If Black Friday deals are this bad next year, I think that I will skip it, and do my shopping another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment